26 March 2009

From the Big Snow




LUND--Spring keeps trying to arrive but the harsh and wintry Norse gods keep doing their best to strangle it in its flowery cradle. Or some damn thing like that...

When I got back from the second snowiest and coldest winter on record in Ohio the chill came with me and for once the land I expected to be snow-covered was and for a while it was beautiful. These pictures are from that morning as I was walking to language school.

Now I just want the summer to come. There was snow on the ground Monday morning but the afternoon was bright with sun. This morning was bright and clear and the early afternoon warm but now it is bitingly cold and there are flakes of white in the air.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lena said...

The top photo is really cool.

2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home